Happy New Year!
A new year is always a good time to look back and reflect. It’s also a great time to reset, recharge, and prepare for the year to come. It’s no secret 2020 wasn’t easy. We missed out on a lot. From celebrating milestones and making memories with loved ones to maskless smiles, foot rubs, and hugs inside the walls of Alkalign. And of course, we are missing those we couldn’t be with this year. I think we all can agree, Zoom weddings, graduations, and funerals are just not the same.
But as with everything icky and unpredictable, there are silver linings to every $h!tty situation. Here is what’s on my Top 20 of 2020 List. What’s on yours?
In no particular order:
- Launched robust, interactive, and 2-way Livestream offering in less than 24 hours after mandatory shutdown…which continues to offer 40 LIVE classes per week with world-class instructors.
- Learned how to “mute all” on Zoom and unmute myself before speaking…and to warn the family that I’m on live before they streak on camera for the masses.
- Designed and launched a new “digital forward” website and a user-friendly branded APP that is compatible with Android AND Apple! #winning
- Introduced our first of many “training for life” programs: Ski/snowboard and golf with more to come! (Let us know your requests!)
- Converted to new booking software that makes it easier to bring guests and includes a Virtual Studio location!
- Started the Superhero Sponsorship. Thank you for your contributions. You have saved us in so many ways. If you’re interested in the Superhero Sponsorship program, CLICK HERE.
- We blended our Irvine, Michigan, and Northern California instructor teams to offer a robust and diverse livestream schedule. Thank you KQ, Danielle, Erin G., Lizzie, Pauline, Cathy, Sarah C., Moira, Marlene, Kate, Chelsea, Dani B., and Brigetta for jumping right in and helping us all feel more connected.
- Rehired the amazing Sarah B. who is now teaching from Atlanta thanks to the interwebs.
- Watched as our whole team of instructors gracefully navigated the challenges of teaching virtually. From “sharing the sound” to silencing the family and furry friends, I assure you, the struggle is real. Yet they continue to crush it every day.
- Confirmed that Lizzie and Marlene are literally the best humans ever. All that you’ve seen and experienced this past year is thanks to them. They are working behind the scenes to ensure classes and communications are delivered as smoothly as possible.
- Continued to offer outdoor classes whenever and wherever we could – weather, air quality, and social-distancing permitting.
- Welcomed 2 new instructors to the team: Emmanuelle from Canada and Julie from Southern California.
- Observed, in awe, as the scientists of the world developed a vaccine to protect us all.
- Got shut down, kicked out, and called out for exercising outdoors. Despite being knocked down (many times and in many ways), we got up again. Thank you to the #bluecrew and #chumbawamba for the unwavering inspiration and support.
- Got through the toilet paper shortage thanks to some serious hoarding habits that started long before COVID.
- Created (finally) the Alkalign prop kits complete with branded packing cube case for easy organization and transportation. New Year. New Props. Get yours today.
- Fell in love with Vuori joggers. Seriously. #thebest
- Snuggled my kids, puppy and hubby a lot. Missing you all and your hugs.
- I didn’t just SURVIVE, but thrived thanks to this amazing #bluecrew community. Oh, and I didn’t kill anyone nor did they kill me. Hooray for #smallwins
- Last but not least, New Year, new President, and hopefully a heightened awareness as a nation that we are in need of acceptance, unity, and diversity vs. divisiveness. At Alkalign, we certainly recognize our role in creating a more inclusive and equitable world and future.
I’m grateful for the support of each of you. It’s not over yet. 2021 isn’t going to be a breeze. There is still a lot of uncertainty and a long time before we will all be vaccinated and feel comfortable enough to return to the studio for the in-person connection. Thank you for continuing to show up. I couldn’t do it without you, nor would I want to.
Cheers to a brighter New Year.